Do you know where you are pointing your content marketing or social media? What is the overall long-term value your business seeks from its social media activities?
Have you pondered the Internet Lifetime Value of your business, products, or expertise?
Internet Lifetime Value follows the marketing concept of Customer Lifetime Value, the concept of developing and targeting your products toward a particular customer segment and determining how much profit this segment brings to your business in long-term purchases.
Internet Lifetime Value (ILV) focuses on your products, customers, expertise, business mantra and business operations. Internet Lifetime Value comprises the combination of many Internet marketing activities with social media spearheading the activities.
Your goal with Internet Lifetime Value:
Allow your products AND Your Business to be found uniquely in search engine blended searches, establish stand-out content and data marketing (social networking/social media), reduce traditional marketing frictions, and create high business transparency with contractors and customers.
Internet Lifetime Value combines two types of social media based activities:
Evolving: This type of social media focuses on brands, products or different types of expertise your clients/customers are seeking. Evolving social media targets the real-time, daily buzz and interactions on the Internet and inside social networks, chat rooms, blog posts, videos, or podcasts. Your evolving social media develops a business voice and content creation strengths with consumers.
Strategic Storytelling : This social media designs and develops a business to be discovered beyond the day-to-day content creation and marketing of their products. Strategic storytelling focuses on the long-term business operations, struggles, and innovation; such as your mantra, your company/employee news, your industry value, building your social credit, and creating short and long-term business collaborations.
Your Internet Lifetime Value develops the following returns:
- Increased search engine results for your corporate entity
- Predictable and obtainable reduction in search friction issues for brick and mortar operations
- Increased standalone search results for particular social networking and media profiles
- Reduction in paid and mobile advertising programs
- Where in marketing do we/don’t we put money
- Reduced travel expenses
- Reduced customer service-based employee turnover (overwhelmed employees)
- Increased customer-centric solutions to your business operations
- Increased customer acquisition outside traditional sales geographic regions
- Highly shared and indexed social media content (social/Internet credit)
- Develop Internet marketing vocabulary such as tags, hashtags, and nicknames around your product names
- Increased understanding of customer intent
In addition, Internet Lifetime Value allows marketing departments to develop and design the concept of Big Data into their strategic marketing activities. Improved understanding of Big Data allows the right marketing mix to meet a particular customer’s trigger point.
Internet Lifetime Value is a new concept! What other returns could a business see from its ILV activities? Suggestions?